The Imambarah building cost Rs.2.17.413 , including a large clock procured from England, which cost Rs. 11.721/- work was begn in 1841 and was completed on 1861, the Imambarah replacing and an old buliding said to have been erceted about 1694 or according to account about 1717.....The main entrance consists of a wide gate flanked by a tall tower on each side. The tower are about 80 fet high and have staircase inside leading to a gallery on the top from which an excellent view of the surrounding counting for many miles can be obtained, Between them is massive click tower. The gate leads to a large quadrangular courtyard paved with marble in the centre of which is masonry cistern.....On the two sides of the quadrangular are two storied ranges of room.and on the north side stands the mosque proper.....See page 270 of O.S.S Malley 1912.
Its roof supported by sliender pillars, the floor is paved with marble and the walls are decorated with texts from Koran in black and athe others colour. The interior is rich with inlaid Italian marble and carving, Belgium Chandeliers and lanterns, and there is pulpit coated with sliver plate. West of the entrance gate are rooms set aside for youani dispensary , beyound which is the Hamam Ghar or Ghusul Bath . East of the gate runs a range of double storied buliding which contain the offices and the quarters of the Mutwalli. Furher east is garden containing several forms, including those of Mirza Salauddin Muhammad Khan, Faujadar of Hooghly, his wife Manu Jahan Khanam, his father in law, Agha Mutahar and his brother in law Mohamamad Mohsin himself a pathway through the garden leads a suite of rooms facing the river, which are now let on hire. East of the garden and separated from it by a drain, is an enclosed hat estblished by Salauddin in which a market is held every Thoursday and Saturday.
The Imambarah is a Shiah institution whare Muharram ceremony is performed and is under the management of the Mutwalli or trustee's . It is maintained from the grant allotted from the Mohins Fund.